Turf Genius Video Tips
Featuring our Turf Genius: Scott Bowman. With more than 16 years as a Superintendent for Clublink, during which he hosted two Canadian Open tours, we are proud to have Scott as part of our team. Growing up on a dairy farm has also given him hands-on experience with growing crops. In the videos below, Scott addresses some of our top frequently asked questions.
Introducing 4-4-0 Organic Fertilizer and SS Supreme Feed & Seed!
4-4-0 Organic Fertilizer is ideal for adding organic matter to your soil. Premixed with a blend of kentucky bluegrass, creeping red fescue, perennial ryegrass and annual ryegrass, our Feed & Seed is the ultimate overseeding solution.
Is your lawn experiencing stress from the hot, dry summer? Does your lawn have insect damage?
Learn how to ensure proper germination and maintain a thick, healthy lawn through overseeding with our tips. Steps to overseeding are also on our Speare Seeds bags.
Nothing but clean, high quality grass seed in our Speare Seeds turf grass bags!
Benefits of Coated Seed in turf applications:
- Encapsulates each seed in a carefully formulated mix of minerals and selected nutrients
- Increases seed and seedling survival
- Establishes a microenvironment for stimulating vigorous growth in young seedlings
- Achieves better seed-to-soil contact to aid in germination
- Hygroscopic nature of the coating pulls and holds moisture to the seed, aiding germination
- Coating disguises seed for less bird predation
- Colourant on the seed improves monitoring of area seeded and seeding rate
- Added weight from coating material
- Makes seed larger and easier to handle and distribute evenly
- Less puddling of seed - seed stays put in over-watering conditions
- Penetrates stubble or thatch for better seed-to-soil contact